Applications for the £150 Council Tax Energy Rebate payment closed on 30 September.
If your property is in band A to D, you have lived in it since 1 April 2022 and you have not received your £150 payment, please contact the Revenues Team.
The discretionary scheme remains available until 30 November.
Discretionary Payment Scheme
During November 2022, discretionary payments of £70 will be made in respect of households who satisfy the following criteria:
- Were liable for Council Tax on 1 November 2022
- Were in receipt of Local Council Tax Reduction on 1 November
- Contained one or more children aged below 16 years on 1 November
This payment will be made to the Council Tax payer, on behalf of the household and will be paid by bank transfer where details are held by the Council. Where no bank details are held by the Council, £70 will be credited to the Council Tax account.
Discretionary payments of £150 will be made in the following circumstances:
- Households in bands E to H who are in receipt of Local Council Tax Reduction on or after 1 April 2022
- Households whose dwelling is valued in bands F to H in receipt of a Disabled Persons’ Reduction
- Households in bands E to H where the Council Tax payer or partner are in receipt of any income or disability benefit on or after 1 April 2022
- Households whose dwelling is valued in bands E to H on 1 April 2022 who manage to successfully appeal their band to D or lower, retrospectively to 1 April 2022
- Households who move into a property later than 1 April 2022 and would have qualified for a mandatory payment but for the qualifying date, provided they have not received an Energy Rebate payment at another address.
Telephone Number: 01785 619279
Conditions of Payment
Payments are made on the basis of one payment per household. If you receive a payment, you do so on behalf of all residents in your household and we will not make a further payment to others.
The payment is not a loan and will not need to be repaid. If you are not the person entitled to receive the payment, you will need to contact the Council and we will need the money back in order to pay the correct person.
The Council is required to make checks to ensure that we only pay the rebate to those who qualify for it.