Applications are now invited for the £150 Council Tax Energy Rebate payment.
Please apply online using these forms:
If you wish to have the £150 paid into your bank account use the form below
If you would prefer to have the £150 paid onto your Council Tax account use the form below
You will be entitled to a £150 payment if you were responsible for Council Tax on your home on 1 April 2022 and:
Your property is banded A - D and you have not already received your payment
Your property is banded E - H and you are in receipt of a Local Council Tax Reduction or Council Tax Disabled Persons’ Reduction.
You will need to have your Council Tax bill to hand and if you want the payment into your bank, you will need the account name, sort code and account number. You will not need to upload any documents with your form, bank accounts will be verified by the Council. We will contact you if we need any more information from you or we are unable to pay.
If you require further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Council’s full scheme policy can be found at the foot of this page and is summarised below.
Mandatory Rebate Scheme
If your property is in bands A-D and you pay by direct debit, your payment has already been made or is on its way to you. We will contact you if we need any more information. If you do not pay by direct debit you can now apply by completing the forms above.
If you do not pay council tax because you are exempt or get 100% Local Council Tax Reduction, you will still be entitled to the £150 payment.
Discretionary Rebate Scheme
If your property is in Bands E to H, you will not qualify for the £150 payment but we may still be able to help you.
Discretionary payments of £150 will be made in the following circumstances:
- Households in bands E to H who are in receipt of Local Council Tax Reduction on or after 1 April 2022.
- Households whose dwelling is valued in bands F to H in receipt of a Disabled Persons’ Reduction
- Households in bands E to H where the Council Tax payer or partner are in receipt of any income or disability benefit on or after 1 April 2022.
- Households whose dwelling is valued in bands E to H on 1 April 2022 who manage to successfully appeal their band to D or lower, retrospectively to 1 April 2022.
- Households who move into a property later than 1 April 2022, and would have qualified for a mandatory payment but for the qualifying date, provided they have not received an Energy Rebate payment at another address.
You will need to make an application and we may need you to provide information in support of your application.
The Council has a duty to ensure that the payments are made to those residents who need them the most.
Conditions of Payment
Both mandatory and discretionary payments are made on the basis of one payment per household. If you receive a payment, you do so on behalf of all residents in your household and we will not make a further payment to others.
The payment is not a loan and will not need to be repaid. However if you are not the person entitled to receive the payment, you will need to contact the Council and we will need the money back in order to pay the correct person.
The Council is required to make checks to ensure that we only pay the rebate to those who qualify for it.