Our Vision is ‘to create a green, healthy and resilient Stafford Borough where everyone can thrive, by limiting the impacts of climate change and meeting our climate change and green recovery commitments’
Over the next few years our delivery will be focused upon the following objectives.
- Reduce emissions from our own activities
- Work in partnership with Government, Elected Bodies and Elected Members, Partners, Residents and Businesses across the Borough to take action that contributes to carbon neutrality and sustainable development within communities and across the natural environment
- Mitigate and Adapt to Climate Change
- Continue to implement our green recovery objectives
To find out more about how we will achieve the objectives listed in our Climate Change Strategy, please take a look at our Year 1 Climate Change and Green Recovery Delivery Plan.
Take a look at our FAQs for further information relating to our Climate Change and Green Recovery objectives.
We have recently updated our Corporate Business Plan to acknowledge the importance of Climate Change and Green Recovery. For more information, please see Objective 3 of our Corporate Business Plan 2021 - 2024.
How you can get involved
There are many ways you can get involved and help with Climate Change and Green Recovery.
- The Earth Summit, Johannesburg, 2002
- The Earth Summit, Rio de Janeiro, 2012
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change