Penalty Charge Notices (sometimes known as PCNs or parking fines) are issued on all Borough car parks by Enforcement Officers and is compliant with the Traffic Management Act 2004 and Local Parking Orders.
How and where can I pay a parking fine (PCN) issued on a Stafford Borough car park?
- Only penalty charge notices (PCN's) issued on Stafford Borough car parks having a reference number commencing ZZ can be paid on this site.
- The Civic Centre does not offer a cash receipting service; please make your payment using one of the other methods detailed below.
Details of how to pay are on the rear of the parking ticket (Penalty Charge Notice).
By Telephone: Payments can be made by debit/credit card by calling 01785 619271. Lines are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
By post: Cheques/postal orders should be made payable to Stafford Borough Council (please use address on left hand side of this page).
Online: with the online payment service.
There are two tariffs for parking contraventions in Stafford Borough:-
Lower Level Contraventions
- Initial Charge - £50.00
- If paid within 14 days - £25.00
- After Notice to owner - £50.00
- If paid after the issue of a charge certificate (usually after 56 days) - £75.00
Higher Level Contraventions
- Initial Charge - £70.00
- If paid within 14 days - £35.00
- After Notice to owner - £70.00
- If paid after the issue of a charge certificate (usually after 56 days) - £105.00
What are the contraventions codes for the two-tier Penalty Charge Notices?
View list of contravention codes
How to avoid a parking ticket
A few simple precautions can reduce the risk of getting a ticket:-
- When parking always check the signs and markings
- If you are in any doubt, err on the side of caution
- Always carry enough small change to pay for parking
- Make sure your pay and display ticket or permit is displayed correctly and clearly
- If you've got a Blue Badge, display it clearly the right way up
- If you don't want to pay other people's penalties, don't lend your vehicle
- If you dispose of your vehicle, always be sure to complete DVLA re-registration documents yourself.
How we use your personal information
The information we will collect about you will be used by Stafford Borough Council, who are the data controller, to allow us to process your parking penalty notice. We will only share your information, initially, with our internal customer services departments for facilitating payments and refunds. In cases of non-payment or dispute of penalty notice we will pass your information to third parties for processing as detailed in our full privacy notice which may be found at www.staffordbc.gov.uk/PrivacyNotice.