The Community Awards scheme is open to any public, private or voluntary sector organisation and individuals who are contributing to community wellbeing.
Organisations and individuals should be based or live within Stafford Borough and all projects should take place within Stafford Borough.
If you would like to be included on the mailing list to apply for the Community Awards 2023 please email email@example.com.
All applications need to be able to demonstrate how they have improved aspects of the community in which they live or work, have gone out of their way to help others or have achieved excellence in their relevant sports fields. This could be in a variety of ways, such as; helping others and keeping them company (befriending, luncheon clubs and shopping services), setting up projects and services such as food banks, encouraging others to be involved with projects, promoting a healthier lifestyle through activities like running and walking, or cooking and learning, contribute to a more sustainable living and development through recycling, litter picking, keeping your community clean and tidy, conserving wildlife and biodiversity or reducing their carbon footprint.
The award categories are:
- Community Learning - Open to schools, organisations and individuals who are organising or participating in all types of learning (formal / informal / non-formal) within Stafford Borough.
- Community Action - Open to groups or organisations who have delivered projects to support their community and/or improve the local area. For example holding arts festivals, providing advice and support services to vulnerable groups, youth activities.
- Local Hero - Open to any individual who can demonstrate excellent projects delivered in their community improving sustainability, community or social wellbeing.
- Social Wellbeing - Open to individuals or groups who can demonstrate that they improved the general wellbeing of others in their local community and in particular how they have encouraged participation from groups or individuals not usually accessing services. For example this can include providing someone to talk to, holding luncheon clubs and providing shopping services.
- Sports and Leisure - Open to clubs and groups who encourage participation from diverse groups, working to keep our communities active and supporting their volunteers.
- Sustainable Environments - Open to groups who have demonstrated a commitment to delivering sustainability initiatives which will help to combat climate change or enhance the natural environment. For example, through tree planting, encouraging recycling and minimizing waste, and implementing measures to reduce carbon emissions.
The judges reserve the right to move applications received into more suitable categories if they believe they are a better fit and also, to add additional categories if required.