Stafford Borough Council inspects workplaces, investigates accidents and complaints to ensure the health and safety and welfare of those working in and visiting premises where they maybe exposed to risks from work related activities.
Inspections are usually undertaken as part of a pro-active inspection programme, however, reactive visits are also made in response to certain accident notifications and reports of unhealthy and dangerous working environments.
- Planned Inspections to ensure organisations are working within the law
- Investigation of accidents and dangerous occurrences
- Investigation of workplace health and safety complaints
- Promote health and safety awareness for employers, employees and members of the public
- As part of registration, inspect skin piercing and tattooist establishments.