Help and Advice

    Where to get help and advice

    If you require help or advice on any matter concerning Housing Benefit or Local Council Tax Reduction you can

    • call in at any one of the Council Offices OR
    • telephone the Benefits Helpline 01785 619478 OR
    • complete an online form

    For information about the rent officer service contact 020 702 36076 or visit the Valuation Office Agency website.

    For information about claiming benefits if you are under 60, you can visit the Direct Gov website.

    For information about claiming Tax Credits and Child Benefit, you can visit the HM Revenues and Customs website.

    For information about help available to single parents, you can visit the Gingerbread website or call 0808-802-0925.

    Are you affected by the equalisation of the State Pension Age. More information is available in the Pensions section of the Direct Gov Website.

    To find out what other benefits you may be entitled to, or if you are thinking of returning to work and want to find out how your benefits will be affected you can use the Benefit online calculator and Advisor.

    Alternatively you can obtain free, independent and impartial advice on Housing Benefit or Local Council Tax Reduction and other matters from your local Citizens Advice.

    Citizens Advice Staffordshire South West

    Telephone: 08082787874 free phone number (Citizens Advice Staffordshire South West)


    Please see the Citizens Advice website for details of opening hours and advice session times.

    Local Offices:

    Stafford Office, The Hub, 17 Eastgate Street, Stafford ST16 2LZ

    Stone Office, 15 Station Road, Stone ST15 8JP

    Cannock Office, Civic Centre, 28 Beecroft Road, Cannock WS11 1BG

    Rugeley Office, 7 Brook Square, Rugeley, WS15 2DU

    Wombourne Office, Civic Centre, Gravel Hill, Wombourne WV5 9HA

    Other Useful Links

    A to Z of Services