Road Closures for Events

    Stafford Borough Council deals with temporary road closures in relation to events such as parades, carnivals, markets and street parties.  Contact Legal Services on 01785 619233 or email your query to allowing as much notice as possible.

    Road closures in respect of largescale events such as large sporting events are not available from Stafford Borough Council.  Please contact Staffordshire County Council on their details below and the Police must also be contacted so that they can make the appropriate arrangements.

    For further information email or phone on 0300 111 8000.

    When special events require the road to be closed off to general traffic, a temporary road closure will be required, which can only be granted with the agreement of the Police, Fire Department, Ambulance Service and County Council Highways Department.  All costs involved for both the closure and diversion signing will have to be paid  by the event organiser. At least four weeks notice is required and for some events up to three months will be needed in order to organise them properly. Larger events may require even longer.

    Usually roads which are closed for sporting events can only be closed once a year without the consent of The Secretary of State, who is a Government Minister.


    Tel: 01785 619233
    Fax: 01785 619119

    How Do You Rate This Page?

    A to Z of Services